I am loving this new creation: a combination of chocolate chip cookie dough, with a lavish layer of chocolate and peanut butter drizzle on top! No baking required, Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Dairy-free and Peanut-free, too. These are made using soy peanut butter (Wow Butter), but could also be made with any nut butter that is solid at room temperature.
I will post pictures the next time I make these – they went too fast the first time around! Here is the recipe:
Chocolate Chip Cookie & Peanut Butter Bars
Prep time: about 20 minutes.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2-4 tbsps Swerve (or other sweetener such as erythritol or xylitol)
- 4 tbsps Wow Butter (or other nut butter of your choice)
- 1 cup Lily’s sugar-free chocolate chips
- optional: 2-4 tbsps water (helps if you are using a blender instead of a food processor)
- Line a 9×9″ pan with waxed paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine sweetener, chickpeas and nut butter. Blend until smooth. You may want to add a small amount of water if you are using a blender. Use as little water as possible to get a smooth mixture.
- Add chocolate chips and stir them in. Press the dough into your wax-paper lined pan, and put in the refridgerator to cool.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Drizzle layer
- 3 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsps cocoa powder
- In a microwave safe measuring cup, melt the coconut oil and nut butter. (You can also do this on the stove on low heat).
- Once the oils are melted, stir in vanilla and cocoa powder until blended.
- ‘Drizzle’ the mixture over your cookie layer. Set in refrigerator until hardened (About 60 minutes).
- Cut into 12 bars; wrap and store in the fridge or freezer.
If you like your cookie bars on the firm side, you can keep them in the freezer (I find them tastier this way). Other wise they will last in the fridge for about a week.
This is a great high-energy snack for kids because of the healthy fat content. And a great low-sugar, high fiber treat for adults, too!