Inclusivity & Dignity for All
Everyone is welcome to attend workshops at Kodiak Herbal. We harbor a safe and respectful space, and do not exclude people of different backgrounds, races, nationalities, genders, sexual orientations, religions, or socio-economic status. We do not welcome views that espouse hatred or bigotry. If you require assistance to attend a workshop, we encourage you to engage with us at Kalyn@KodiakHerbal.com to let us know how we can help.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Policies
All guests please sign the COVID-19 liability waiver before your first visit. You only need to sign the waiver once.
Additional sanitization measures, smaller group sizes and extra space for social distancing are part of the Kodiak Herbal Health & Safety Policy during COVID-19. A waiver will be provided to you before your first experience or workshop. Our staff collect contact information from each party in accordance with government regulation, for the purpose of contact tracing in the event of an outbreak.
Kodiak Herbal is complying with the Restrictions Exemption Program. During COVID-19 all indoor workshops & experiences will require masks in common areas. Please bring a mask with you. As of November 2021, all guests over the age of 12 must their bring proof of vaccination QR code and identification to indoor experiences.
Hand sanitizer is provided for your safety, and gloves will be available when necessary for the workshop or experience.
Outdoor experiences & workshops are social distanced, with guests instructed to remain 2 meters apart from each other and staff.
Guests who are experiencing signs of illness are asked to stay home and complete the COVID-19 self assessment at https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/COVID-Self-Assessment.aspx. Please do not come to an experience or workshop if you are experiencing symptoms of illness such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, body aches, or are feeling unwell in any way.
We allow rain-checks for missed workshops and experiences due to illness. You can also transfer your ticket to another person to attend in your place. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 403 437 1446 before the start time of your experience to let us know you are missing due to illness.
Workshop & Experience Locations
Kodiak Herbal Metis Culture is open during workshops & events only, for the duration of COVID business restrictions. We are located at Bay G, 2410 – 2 Ave SE, Calgary, AB. Our shop front is partially accessible, with a standard width door and flat entrance way. There is a single, gender-less bathroom however that is not wheelchair accessible. Please contact us ahead of time if you have questions about accessibility.
Outdoor experiences such as medicine walks can be accommodated in most Calgary parks. Calgary has a range of beautiful natural environments to explore – please ask us to help you choose a location. Outdoor experiences go forward ‘Rain or Shine’, with cancellations available in cases of extreme weather.
The Metis Local 87 Hall (1539 43 St SE, Calgary, AB) has 2 sets of stairs and is not wheelchair accessible, regretfully. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are not able to take one of our workshops due to this accessibility issue. We will do our best to find you a similar workshop in an accessible location.
Rain or Shine Policy – Cancellations for Weather
Please consider the weather and your willingness to spend about 2 hours outdoors before booking an outdoor experience (ie. medicine walk). Weather appropriate clothing or protective gear is essential to staying safe and enjoying your experience. All outdoor experiences go ahead in light rain or snow, cold weather above -15 Celsius, or warm weather below 35 Celsius. Weather-related cancellations can be made on short notice for the following circumstances:
- temperatures below -15 Celsius, or above 35 Celsius, when no shelter is available
- extremes of weather when/where wind, heavy snow/rain, or other circumstances of weather make the experience unsafe
It is important to us that you are safe and comfortable during an experience. When guests arrive in clothing that is unsafe or does not suitably protect against weather conditions, the experience may be rescheduled or cancelled at the discretion of the instructor.
Refunds for weather related cancellations are described below under Refunds for Cancellations.
- A Confirmation email with workshop information is sent to registered students/guests in the week before the event begins. It will be sent to your PayPal address unless you contact Kalyn@KodiakHerbal.com to provide another address. Please check your SPAM folder, as our emails sometimes end up there! You can also add @kodiakherbal.com to the list of Safe emails in your email provider to ensure you receive updates.
- We are working to bring a few of our workshop offerings online via video and Zoom meetings. Newly available online workshops will be posted on our workshops pages as they are created.
- Please do not record audio or video at a workshop or experience without prior consent from the instructor.
- It is advised to check your email on the day of your experience or workshop, in case of a cancellation. Workshops and experiences may be cancelled or rescheduled due to instructor illness, unsafe weather conditions, or other unforeseeable circumstances. The full refund and cancellation policy below provides further details in the case of an experience cancellation.
Group Workshop Policies
- Group workshop bookings require a deposit, and full payment is requested 2 weeks before the workshop or before supplies can be ordered. Please email us and we will be happy to prepare you a quote, proposal for funding, or an invoice.
- Group discounts for Metis Sash Loom Weaving & other workshops that include supplies are available, provided all supplies are mailed to one location. This saves substantially on individual shipping costs, and we pass that savings on to you as a discount.
- Group discounts change occasionally, and are listed in the “Group & School Workshops” page, which can be accessed through the Workshops menu on our frontpage.
- We use PayPal, e-transfer and credit card payments for workshops and experiences. Kodiak Herbal never stores or shares your identifying information, or credit card and payment information with anyone.
Refunds for Cancellations
- For Tourism Experiences, full refunds can be issued 7 days before the experience date. A 50% refund will be issued 2-6 days before the date, if non-refundable materials or rental space was secured on behalf of the guests. No refunds are provided if a cancellation is made within 48 hours of the experience. Rain cheques are available for guests who become ill within 10 days of a workshop or experience.
- Weather-related cancellations for outdoor experiences: medicine walks and other outdoor experiences may be cancelled on short notice due to extremes of weather as noted above under the Rain or Shine Policy. We will be in contact with you via email if the weather is unsuitable for an outdoor excursion. Experiences cancelled based on weather-related safety concerns may be rescheduled, or in the case of out-of-town guests, a refund may be issued.
- For single-day Workshops under $90/person, full refunds can be issued 7 days before the start date of the event. Rain cheques are provided for guests who must withdraw less than 6 days before a workshop due to illness. On-line workshops can be refunded before materials or video links are mailed/emailed. Once materials or video links are mailed/emailed, we can no longer provide a refund.
- During COVID-19, we will allow rain-checks for missed workshops and experiences due to illness. You can also transfer your ticket to another person to attend in your place. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if someone else will be taking your place in a workshop or experience.
- Cancellation due to instructor illness: When an instructor or guide is sick, we will do our best to reschedule. If a reschedule is not possible, a refund will be provided.
- Kodiak Herbal never shares your personal information with other individuals or companies, except when required by a court of law.
- We respect your privacy. You can opt out of any correspondence emails by replying with the word “unsubscribe”. We almost never send out advertisement emails.
- Kodiak Herbal does not store your private payment information. We do not have access to private payment information through PayPal or e-transfer.
This Policy page was updated on March 29, 2021.