Clinical Practicum for Students of Natural Medicine
Practicum & Student Clinic runs each year from September – April. You can sign up to join us at anytime. Students or former students of any herbal program are welcome to earn their practicum hours with us.
Hours spent at CHSC can be applied to clinical practicum requirements for iridology, herbology, and other CAM programs and professional associations. Certificates of completion are available.
**Semester Sale: Save $75-$450 off the cost of your practicum hours (Sale end October 15th)**
How does it work?
Purchase a block of 20, 40 or 100 hours towards your clinical practicum. Then, sign up via email to attend on the days you’re available. Please leave your contact information so the instructor can contact you to schedule your practicum hours for the days you are available.
There are 20-35 hours of practicum to attend each month. Students may carry up to 50% of their unused practicum hours forward to the next semester.
Current Practicum Dates for 2019-2020:
September 24th – 28th (Tuesday – Saturday) 10am – 5pm
October 22nd – 26th (Tuesday – Saturday) 10am – 5pm
November 19th – 22 (Tuesday – Saturday) 10am – 5pm
December 3rd – 6th (Tuesday – Saturday) 10am – 5pm
Spring 2020 Semester Dates TBA
Register for 20 Hour Practicum Block (Now $249, reg. $325):
Register for 40 Hour Practicum Block (Now $449, reg. $725):
Register for 100 Hour Practicum Block (Now $899, reg. $1350):
Please contact StudentClinic@KodiakHerbal.com with questions about the Calgary Herbal Student Clinic Practicum Program.
Find out about the on-going Student Clinic at CHSC HERE.
Practicum Details for Students:
- A Confirmation email with practicum information will be sent to registered students the week before the practicum session begins. Please check your SPAM folder, and add @kodiakherbal.com to the list of Safe emails in your email provider.
- Please commit to attending more than 50% of your hours per semester. This will prevent any practicum hours from being wasted.
- Refunds for cancellations can be issued up until 3 weeks before the starting date of each session.
- Package discounts are not applicable to individual sessions cancelled by the student. If a partial refund for a packaged set of practicum hours is requested, full regular price will be retained for the remaining hours. The remainder will be refunded to the student, negating the original discount.
- If you have an uneven number of practicum hours (less than 20) remaining to complete your program, please contact Kalyn@KodiakHerbal.com to purchase just your remaining hours
Calgary Herbal Student Clinic News:
- September 2019
We’re trying out a new format this year, in association with Wild Rose College. You can now earn your practicum hours faster with monthly clinical intensives! Check out their website at https://wildrosecollege.com/clinical-herbalist-diploma-program-sign-up/
- April 2019
May 11th Iridology clinic has been added. This will be the final clinical practicum for the summer. Herbal practicum will resume September 2019.
- March 2019
A new schedule has been created for the Spring semester.
- January 2019
We encourage students to invite friends and family to the clinic! By booking a free consultation at the student clinic, your guests support you in your education and receive free treatments, including iridology, tongue/pulse assessments, and foot-reflexology treatments.
- Dec 2018
A certificate of completion can be created for practicum students who attend a minimum of 1 full semester. Please contact the StudentClinic@KodiakHerbal.com to request a certificate.
- October 2018
New Student Clinic Location: Bay G, 2410 2nd Ave SE Calgary
- We have made a new home in the beautiful traditional apothecary and HQ of Herbal Healing, Inc. It includes a fully stocked herb shop and commercial kitchen for our formulating convenience. Joanne provides bulk ingredients and rents the kitchen to students of the CSHC at a reduced rate.
- September 2016
The Student Clinic is pre-approved for 1:1 Student Practicum Hours with Wild Rose College of Natural Healing! Details Here. The Student Clinic provides a place to learn and practice your healing techniques with other students and professionals, and earn Wild Rose College practicum hours while you learn!