COVID-19 Health & Safety Policies
Additional sanitization measures, plexiglass barriers, smaller group sizes and extra space for social distancing are part of the Kodiak Herbal Health & Safety Policy during COVID-19. A waiver will be provided to you before each experience or workshop. Our staff collect contact information from each party in accordance with government regulation, for the purpose of contact tracing in the event of an outbreak.
During COVID-19 all indoor workshops & experiences will require masks in common areas. Please bring a mask with you. When available, masks will be provided for $1.00 each.
Hand sanitizer is provided for your safety, and gloves will be available when necessary for the workshop or experience.
Outdoor workshops will be social distanced, with guests instructed to remain 2 meters apart from each other and staff.
Guests who are experiencing signs of illness are asked to stay home and complete the COVID-19 self assessment at https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/COVID-Self-Assessment.aspx. Please do not come to an experience or workshop if you are experiencing symptoms of illness such as fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, body aches, or are feeling unwell in any way.
We allow rain-checks for missed workshops and experiences due to illness. You can also transfer your ticket to another person to attend in your place. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 403 437 1446 before the start time of your experience to let us know you are missing due to illness.
Workshop & Experience Locations:
The Apothecary at Herbal Healing Inc (Bay G, 2410 2 Ave SE, Calgary, AB) is wheelchair accessible. There is a single, gender-less bathroom however that is not wheelchair accessible. Please contact us ahead of time if you have questions about accessibility.
The Metis Local 87 Hall (1539 43 St SE, Calgary, AB) has 2 sets of stairs and is not wheelchair accessible, regretfully. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are not able to take one of our workshops due to this accessibility issue. We will do our best to find you a similar workshop in an accessible location.
Inclusivity & Dignity for All:
Everyone is welcome to attend workshops at Kodiak Herbal. We harbor a safe and respectful space, and do not exclude people of different backgrounds, races, nationalities, genders, sexual orientations, beliefs, religions, or socio-economic status. If you require assistance to attend a workshop, we encourage you to engage with us at Kalyn@KodiakHerbal.com to let us know how we can help.
- A Confirmation email with workshop information is sent to registered students/guests 1 week before the workshop begins. It will be sent to your PayPal address unless you contact Kalyn@KodiakHerbal.com to provide another address. Please check your SPAM folder, as our emails sometimes end up there! You can also add @kodiakherbal.com to the list of Safe emails in your email provider to ensure you receive updates.
- We are working to bring a few of our workshop offerings online via video and Zoom meetings. Newly available online workshops will be posted on our workshops pages as they are created.
- Please do not record audio or video at a workshop or experience without prior consent from the instructor.
- We PayPal, e-transfer and credit card payments for workshops and experiences. Kodiak Herbal never stores or shares your identifying information, or credit card and payment information with anyone.
Refunds for Cancellations:
- For Tourism Experiences, full refunds can be issued 7 days before the experience date. A 50% refund will be issued 2-6 days before the date, if non-refundable materials or rental space was secured on behalf of the guests. No refunds are provided if a cancellation is made within 48 hours of the experience. Rain cheques are available for guests who become ill within 10 days of a workshop or experience.
- For single-day Workshops under $90/person, full refunds can be issued 7 days before the start date of the event. Rain cheques are provided for guests who must withdraw less than 6 days before a workshop due to illness. On-line workshops can be refunded before materials or video links are mailed/emailed. Once materials or video links are mailed/emailed, we can no longer provide a refund.
- During COVID-19, we will allow rain-checks for missed workshops and experiences due to illness. You can also transfer your ticket to another person to attend in your place. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if someone else will be taking your place in a workshop or experience.
- Kodiak Herbal never shares your personal information with other individuals or companies, except when required by a court of law.
- We respect your privacy. You can opt out of any correspondence emails by replying with the word “unsubscribe”.
- Kodiak Herbal does not store your private payment information. We do not have access to private payment information through PayPal or e-transfer.
This Policy page was updated on September 20, 2020.